6 ways to create a cosy home for Winter
As the weather gets colder outside, it's a great opportunity to turn your rental into a cosy retreat where you can stay warm and enjoy the comforts of home. We're sharing six tips to help you create a warm, relaxing living space during winter.
- Prepare a spot for reading: Create a cosy reading space where you can unwind and enjoy your favourite books, magazines, or digital content during your leisure time. Set up this space with soft cushions, cosy blankets, and suitable lighting for reading.
- Using your fireplace (if you have one): Getting a fire going in your fireplace is the best way to make your home a cosy retreat during the colder months.
- Adding layers of light: Create a welcoming and cosy atmosphere with versatile lighting options for reading, entertaining, and movie nights.
- Adding extra textiles in the bedroom: Enhance the cosiness of your bedroom by placing a rug beside your bed, providing a cosy surface for your bare feet on those chilly floors. You can also add an extra quilt at the end of the bed to add extra warmth and cosiness.
- Keeping extra blankets handy in your lounge room: Create comfort in your lounge room by keeping a collection of blankets or throws readily available in a basket.
- Add a rug in the bathroom as well: Turn your bathroom into a cosy retreat by placing a rug over the cold tiles, adding warmth and comfort to your morning routine.
By implementing these six tips, you can create a winter retreat in your rental that is both inviting and comforting.